The Byzantine Forum
Newest Members
Rocco, Hvizsgyak, P.W., Ramon, PeaceBeToAll
5,982 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 167 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
St. Sharbel Maronite Mission El Paso
by orthodoxsinner2, September 30
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
Holy Saturday from Kirkland Lake
by Veronica.H, April 24
Byzantine Catholic Outreach of Iowa
Exterior of Holy Angels Byzantine Catholic Parish
Church of St Cyril of Turau & All Patron Saints of Belarus
Forum Statistics
Forums26
Topics35,388
Posts416,719
Members5,982
Most Online3,380
Dec 29th, 2019
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#336616 11/06/09 09:43 PM
T
Tammy Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I used to come on the Byzantine Forum a lot, but after a job change 3 years ago and a lot going on in my life - including trying to run my Chaplets & Chotkis business - my visits here faded away... In the meantime, I gave birth to my fourth son, who is now 18 months old and manages to tie up a lot of my time.

But I'm back! I'm closing Chaplets & Chotkis, which will free up a lot of my time (everything is currently half off on my website www.chotkis.com [chotkis.com], until it's all gone). So I should be able to spend more time visiting with you all!

By the way, if anyone knows of an Eastern Catholic or Orthodox bookstore that might be interested in getting what's left of my chotkis prayer beads, please let them know I'm going out of business and looking for a buyer to take everything in one batch. I'll give any parish or bookstore a drastically reduced price just to get the whole batch off my hands. Thanks! That would really free me up to spend more time here, and with my family at home!

Happy to be back!

In Christ,
Tammy

Tammy #336642 11/07/09 06:37 AM
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tammy,

Welcome back! So nice to see you. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Many years,

Neil

"One day all our ethnic traits ... will have disappeared. Time itself is seeing to this. And so we can not think of our communities as ethnic parishes, ... unless we wish to assure the death of our community."
T
Tammy Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks, Neil! My husband and I were thrilled to see you are a moderator now smile

The family is great... and has grown since I was here last. We have an 18 month old son now in addition to our other 3 children - all boys! My boss says we have a men's bowling team, lol. They are 14, 12, and 9 years old, and all looking forward to Christmas.

We feel a little lost though, living in Bakersfield with no Eastern Rite parishes around. frown

Many years,
Tammy

Tammy #337417 11/16/09 11:39 PM
Hi Tammy! I missed your post here! Welcome back to the board. Good to hear news of the boys and your "bowling team"! Please give my best to Mike too!

DTBrown #338615 12/01/09 04:46 PM
T
Tammy Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Our bowling team is doing quite well - although the youngest is keeping the coaches up at night as we try to teach him NOT to bowl during the night! His latest endeavor has involved bowling small items into the fish tank. laugh

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to sell off my business. I've even got the domain name, chotkis.com, up for sale. I'm hoping an Eastern Catholic or Orthodox person will buy it to use as an educational site, rather than a Latin Rite rosary maker who just wants to capitalize on my SEO rankings. shocked

Last edited by Tammy; 12/01/09 04:50 PM. Reason: didn't get second paragraph in

Moderated by  Irish Melkite, theophan 

Link Copied to Clipboard
The Byzantine Forum provides message boards for discussions focusing on Eastern Christianity (though discussions of other topics are welcome). The views expressed herein are those of the participants and may or may not reflect the teachings of the Byzantine Catholic or any other Church. The Byzantine Forum and the www.byzcath.org site exist to help build up the Church but are unofficial, have no connection with any Church entity, and should not be looked to as a source for official information for any Church. All posts become property of byzcath.org. Contents copyright - 1996-2024 (Forum 1998-2023). All rights reserved.